Saturday, July 8, 2017

Storytime: Multiple Mansplainings

Hey cupcakes! I haven't done a storytime post in quite some time, so I thought I would write a fun post about an experience I had with mansplaining last semester in college.... (lol can "fun" and "mansplaining" be in the same sentence?)

For those of you who are unfamiliar with what mansplaining is, the dictionary defines it as: "when a man explains (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing".

Image result for mansplaining gif
Aka basically this :P

This story takes place in my 8:30 AM Wednesday class and features Mister Sick Boy (the star of my Team Project from Hell post). Now, if you have read that post (which you totally should if you haven't!!!!) you will know that this guy did not handle team work very well... Plus, he is just a super obnoxious person in general, so I try to avoid him at all costs. However, he was in this same class with me, so I had to see him three times a week.

Image result for sigh gif

On this particular day, my professor showed up to class a few minutes late. While he was getting everything set up on the computer and projector, he asked the class if anyone had a joke they wanted to share (to pass the time). Mister Sick Boy, of course, decided his joke just needed to be shared, so he proceeded to tell it:

"What do you get when you blow up a French kitchen?"
.
.
The class was silent.
.
.
"Linoleum Blownapart"

Literally no one laughed (probably because it isn't that good of a joke), and one poor poor student said, "I don't get it."

Image result for oh no gif

Instead of trying to explain the historical context of the joke (like explaining that Linoleum Blownapart sounds like Napoleon Bonaparte), this boy proceeds to mansplain to this poor student what linoleum is.

"Linoleum is, like, that stuff you always put on kitchen floors."

Image result for no shit gif

Class then started, but (no worries!) Mister Sick Boy makes another great appearance later.
After class got out, I packed up all my stuff and started walking back to my dorm. From behind me I hear,

"Your backpack is paisley."

My immediate reaction was to say,

Image result for what gif

and turn around because I thought I hadn't heard right. But little did I know, Mister Sick Boy was walking behind me and just thought he would state the blatant fact that my backpack was indeed paisley print. I thought that that was the end of the conversation but nooooooooo.

"The print on your backpack is called paisley. I guess I just know things other people don't know."

Image result for michael scott gif gif

After being mansplained about my own backpack I just said a quick "Okay" and took off in the other direction.

Image result for bye felicia gif

There you have it; not one but TWO doses of mansplaining in the span of only a couple of hours! I hope you enjoyed this story, let me know if you want more stories about my random experiences in college! :)

When did you ever encounter mansplaining? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! :D

Love (the girl who actually does know her prints),
Jenna <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...